Using Password Encoders in Jaspersoft Server.

meghrach

Hi,

I want use both password encoder like ShaPasswordEncoder / MD5PasswordEncoder for bean daoAuthenticationProvider and password encoder like LdapShaPasswordEncoder for bean ldapAuthenticationProvider to do password comparions.I am successful if I use one at a time but when I can't use the declaration

<property name="passwordEncoder"><ref local="passwordEncoder"/></property> twice. Tomcat fails to start . I need to authenticate both local users using daoAuthenticationProvider and external LDAP users using ldapAuthenticationProvider using the passwordcomparison class. How can I do this ?

Thanks,

SK

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply. I went through he authentication cookbook but it didn't help with the configuration I am doing.

I want to authenticate local users like jasperadmin and superuser stored in the database using MD5 encoding and external users stored in the LDAP directory using SHA encoding.

For local users I can use the daoAuthenticationProvider and the MD5PasswordEncoder class. For external users I am using password comparison ldapAuthenticationProvider and

LdapShaPasswordEncoder class. I cannot use two password encoders in the configuration.

I throws me an error during tomcat startup. My question how can I authenticate local users using MD5 encoding and external users using SHA encoding and password comparsion.

SK