We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

LDAP on JasperReports CE 4.5

briansey

I am having a lot of issues getting LDAP authentication to work with version 4.5. I believe it is in the section <bean id="ldapAuthenticationProvider"

When I have this section un-commented I get this in the log file:

2012-09-11 15:16:52,317 ERROR ContextLoader,main:307 - Context initialization failed

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 805 in XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-security.xml] is invalid; nested exception i

s org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.3: Element 'beans' cannot have character [children], because the type's content type is element-only.

If anyone can help it would really help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is more to it then just one line.  If you read the whole file you will see several lines that need to be uncommented, and configured. 

Also do not save backup copies of the file in the same location because JasperServer loads all the .xml files in that location.

Where are you trying to get your LDAP queries from? Since different LDAP sources have different changes to the file.

There are several examples in this forum of people getting this to work, if you look around.