We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Issue with passing date parameter through Hyperlink in Jasper 4.7

ajinkya_c

I have report which having StartDate &  EndDate  parameter as input control in Main/Parent report. These input controls are passed to another report(detail/child report) using hyperlink in parent report.

This work fine with jasper 4.5 proffessional version.

Same reports was imported to jasper4.7 proffessional version.

Main report with StartDate and EndDate input controls the report works fine. The main report has a  hyperlink which passes input controls (StartDate & EndDate) to the detail report.  When i click on that hyperlink  it passed input controls ( Start date and end date ) to detaill report and gives the following error.

Error msg:

One or more of the report's input control values are invalid. Either contact your administrator or edit the report and select valid values for these input controls: StartDate, EndDate

Please let me know if anyone has face similar kind of issue or is it a bug in Jasper 4.7 or any solution to overcome this issue.

Post Edited by ajinkya_c at 08/29/2012 14:33

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please check and compare URL when you drill through and URL when you run child report.

The default locale changed slightly, and it might affect date format and currency display.

You can also try to convert parameters from Date to String, just to identify the issue.

What locale are you in?

If you could post or URLs with ?StartDate=.. &EndDate=.. that could help.

Hi

Thanks for quick reply.

In jasper 4.5 when I passed Startdate & Endate parameter through hyperlink with string as datatype in hyperlink link parameter then it works fine.Same report gives error in jasper 4.7

Here are the URL of both jasper 4.5 and Jasper 4.7

Jasper 4.5

Main Report URL

http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&standAlone=true&_flowId=viewReportFlow&ParentFolderUri=%2Fpublic%2FTest&reportUnit=%2Fpublic%2FTest%2FPerformanceReport

Child/Detail Report URL

http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&LoggedInUsername=jasperadmin&REPORTVIEW=Simple&Parameter1=Parameter1_value&StartDate=20100810000000&EndDate=20120830000000&Frequency=Yearly&Parameter2=Parameter2_value&reportUnit=%2Fpublic%2FReports%2FTest%2FPerformanceDetailedReport&Year=2011&Month=&Week=&_eventId_drillReport=&_flowExecutionKey=e7s2&reportLocale=en_US

Jasper 4.7

Main Report URL

http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&standAlone=true&_flowId=viewReportFlow&ParentFolderUri=%2Fpublic%2FTest&reportUnit=%2Fpublic%2FTest%2FPerformanceReport

Child/Detail Report URL

http://locahost:8080/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&LoggedInUsername=jasperadmin&REPORTVIEW=Simple&Parameter1=Parameter1_value&StartDate=20050811000000&EndDate=20120815000000&Frequency=Yearly&Parameter2=Parameter2_value&reportUnit=%2Fpublic%2FTest%2FPerformanceDetailedReport&Year=2011&Month=&Week=&_eventId_drillReport=&_flowExecutionKey=e19s2&reportLocale=en

Both the above URL Looks same except the report locale in 4.5 is en_US (English_UnitedState) and in 4.7 is en (English).

Is that a problem?

I attached Child Report Screenshots with this post to show how date comes through hyperlink in 4.5 and in 4.7.

• 1 month later...

I am also facing the same problem in passing parameter as input control from Main report to subreort report through

Hyperlink in JR server 4.7, means if main report contain one input control and child report contains three input controls,  you linked

child report to main report then you can’t select even input control are not visible in the child report, even i am not able to pass any input parameter.

Is there any solution two solve this issue?

Is this is a bug or a feature of JR server 4.7?