Will iReport help with this?

azcrush

I sincerely appologize if this isn't the right place for this question. I have no idea where else to ask and don't want to spenda  lot of time learning a product only to find out it won't do what I need it to do.

I work at a travel agency.

We often create highly customized itineraries for our clients. and would like a standardized way to provide clients with an itinerary without each agent having to create one from scratch every time.

Here's what I'd like to see happen - the agent fills out a form with travel details -
Departure air schedule (could be more than one segment so would like the option to "add a segment" when needed but only have one when not)
Hotel details (name, address, insert photo, confirmation number etc.)
Cruise confirmation details if needed as well as daily cruise itinerary and daily shore excursions or appointments that have been made.
Car rental
Transfers
activities
Restaurant reservations
return flights...

What I think I'd like are individual "segments" or days...
the form starts with one segment
within the segment is the option to choose which componant of the trip is required for that segment (air, hotel, car, tour etc.)
After choosing the component, fields related to that component are able to be filled out.
Then the agent can "Add a Segment" and repeat the process.

Ideally segments can be added later, in the middle, moved around etc.

So, that's all form stuff.

THEN I would like the information created in the form to be exportable to a nice pdf, pre-formatted and able to accept the information entered into the form and spit out a standard looking itinerary.

Here's an example: http://www.privateguided.com/quote/266036Car2

Is any of this possible using iReport?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this is a practical concept that the jasper reports feature set is capable of delivering a solution against.

It is a somewhat complicated question and cannot really be answered with a 100% solution in a forum response but it is simple enough if you have the skills to setup a routine that would take in some sort of itenerary identifier and and email address and automate the transmit of an email with a PDF attachment. I do this sort of thing all the time with the jasper reports engine and the ireport designer and a little java code.

Hope this starts you on your way.

Clark