We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Embed jasper reports in web appplication

haripoturi

Hi,

I have created some reports and deployed in jasper server. I am able to embed the reports in my web application using <iframe> tag. But it shows the menu bar and logout link. I don't want to show the menu bar to end user. I want to show only the report.

Attached the screen print of the application.

Can anybody help me how to achieve the same?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gien the path in src attribute of IFRAME. 

<iframe src="http://10.98.10.43:8081/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?j_username=superuser&j_password=superuser&_flowId=dashboardRuntimeFlow&dashboardResource=%2Forganizations%2FInfoStep%2FDashboards%2FDashboardA4"

height="500px" width="1000px">

<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>

</iframe>

Do you have any idea of how to use REST API? If so could you please help me how to do that?

You need to add a URL parameter to change the theme &theme=embed for instance and you would also need to install the theme so it can be used. I got the attached  embed.zip file from jaspersoft as an example so I included it here for you. There may be some other way of doing this, but this is how I was going about it. I think using the REST API may be a better solution,getting the theme right and making it look like the app we embedded in was a pain so we stopped that approach and did not embed it. 

<iframe marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" align="middle" frameborder="0" height="700" scrolling="no" width="100%" src=" echo $username ?>&j_password=<?php echo $password ?>"></iframe>

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

In the SRC URL of the Iframe put

http://localhost:8082/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&_flowId=viewReportFlow&ParentFolderUri=%2Fpublic%2FSamples%2FReports&reportUnit=%2Fpublic%2FSamples%2FReports%2FRevenueDetailReport&standAlone=true&decorate=no&viewAsDashboardFrame=true&output=html

This will show only the report(not the logout links and toolbar) and in a HTML output.