We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Starting with jasper

c-george

Hi,

I'm new to the jasper products so please excuse the basic level of my question.

I have connected to Infobright database and press "Test" button to make sure i have the connection.

The test was succesfull, so I procceed to the next step selecting the samplest reporty template.

I was expecting to be able to see some tables and/or fields on the left  panel under "Fields", but its empty.

Am I missing anyting?

C_George 

Post Edited by c-george at 06/12/2012 16:13

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, 

To see the fields you have to define a query in the "Report Query" section. After doing that and retrieving the fields you'll see that the fields returned by your query are added.

Here you have a tutorial, I guess you have a newer version of iReport but maybe this could help you defining your query: 

http://www.thainetbeans.com/sample/reportquery.htm

Regards.

Can anybody help me with this. I can see db/tables in Services window but can't find the way to "drag and drop" them to the report space.

I need helpd urgently or the managements will pull the Jaspersoft from the shortlist of products considered for production.

ANYBODY?

Hi, 

To define your query you can click in the icon that is marked with red colour in the attached image. 

This will open the report query (in the second image) and here you can define your query, if you click 'Automatically Retrieve Fields' it will create the fields automatically from the query, then you click in Ok and the fields will be ready to drag and drop to your report. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards

If you want to use a database connection, the data you add in the report is defined in a query. This query can be dynamic because you can use parameters to have different results in each execution. 

Anyway, if you don't like the option of the database, you can use Xml DataSource, Java Bean datasource, and other ones... You can see all the different datasources in the attached image.