Report takes forever to generate preview

CharleyDC5

Hi folks

I have a quite simple report with three subreports in it. When I click the Preview button, it takes FOREVER. The task never ends. I can see the loading animation at the bottom right of the screen saying "Generating report". All reports (JRXML) compiles without any problem.

The problem is not my PostgreSQL, it is really iReport that has problem loading the preview.

Any idea? Is there any kind of log where I could find additional information regarding that problem?

I am using iReport 4.1.1

Thank you

Charles

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After review, the problem comes from the third subreport. If I remove it, the report generates in a second or so. I don't understand why it acts like that as this is the same subreport that is called three times with a different parameter. I have also tested the subreport alone and it works perfectly.

See new post for the XML code.

Code:
<subreport isUsingCache="true">
<reportElement positionType="Float" stretchType="RelativeToBandHeight" mode="Opaque" x="0" y="206" width="572" height="38" isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true"/>
<subreportParameter name="intActionTypeId">
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[2]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<subreportParameter name="strHeader">
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[( $P{strLangue}.equals("fr") ? "AUTRES" : "OTHERS" )]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<subreportParameter name="strLangue">
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$P{strLangue}]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<subreportParameter name="intVisiteBordId">
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$P{intVisiteBordId}]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<connectionExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_CONNECTION}]]></connectionExpression>
<subreportExpression><![CDATA[$P{SUBREPORT_DIR} + "visiteBordPrint_Action.jasper"]]></subreportExpression>
</subreport>
<reportElement positionType="Float" stretchType="RelativeToBandHeight" mode="Opaque" x="0" y="156" width="572" height="38" isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true"/>
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[1]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[( $P{strLangue}.equals("fr") ? "ARRIVÉE" : "DÉPART" )]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$P{strLangue}]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$P{intVisiteBordId}]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<subreportExpression><![CDATA[$P{SUBREPORT_DIR} + "visiteBordPrint_Action.jasper"]]></subreportExpression>
</subreport>
<reportElement positionType="Float" stretchType="RelativeToBandHeight" mode="Opaque" x="0" y="257" width="572" height="38" isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true"/>
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[3]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[( $P{strLangue}.equals("fr") ? "DÉPART" : "DEPARTURE" )]]></subreportParameterExpression>
</subreportParameter>
</subreportParameter>
</subreportParameter>
</subreport>