We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Sample reports problem

ladenise

Hello,

I'm having a problem running the sample reports.

When I select any of them (sugarcrm or foodmart), it keeps loading indefinitely.

Could you help me please ?

I'm running JaserReports Server 4.5 under:

- OS X Lion Server

- Apple Java 1.6.0_31

- Tomcat 6

- MySQL 5.1.61

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

we have just installed jasper server on a linux (Centos) and have the same problem.

We did the installation command line and accepted all the defaults, installed the sample stuff etc.

As database we took the postgresql as deliverd within the install.

Someone can help us out here?

Regards,

Jan

Hi Raphael,

I have the databases. This is a part of the tables of foodmart:

(select * from pg_tables;)

schemaname     |           tablename           | tableowner | tablespace | hasindexes | hasrules | hastriggers
--------------------+-------------------------------+------------+------------+------------+----------+-------------
 public             | customer                      | postgres   |            | t          | f        | f
 public             | days                          | postgres   |            | f          | f        | f
 public             | department                    | postgres   |            | t          | f        | f
 public             | employee                      | postgres   |            | t          | f        | f
 public             | employee_closure              | postgres   |            | t          | f        | f
 public             | expense_fact                  | postgres   |            | t          | f        | f
 public             | position                      | postgres   |            | t          | f        | f
 public             | product                       | postgres   |            | t          | f        | f
 public             | product_class                 | postgres   |            | f          | f        | f

There is data in the tables too...

Post Edited by willeja at 06/22/2012 10:56

gdmoreno
Wrote:

Hi,

I would suggest doing the manual WAR installation process, which is documented in the installation guide (it's a PDF in the docs folder). Also - are the log files recording any errors?

gdmoreno,

in catalina.out I find following error when running a report:

2012-06-22 12:58:24,836 ERROR Digester,http-8080-3:1366 - Begin event threw error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class java.awt.Color

Hope this one helps?

oke, strange thing I just noticed:

There are some reports that keeps loading like "Accounts Report" and "Employee List".

But there are also reports that just give a white page like "Sales By Month" or "Department".

Does this make it even more difficult?

Interesting error that showed up in your log files. I would try adding this option to your startup script:

-Djava.awt.headless=true

I know that the server works with this option, so let's see what happens when you add that to your startup scripts. A good place to do it would be in the setenv.sh file. If nothing else, it would eliminate this as a potential problem. I would be interested in seeing a fuller stack trace, to at least where the first JasperReports classes start showing up.

gdmoreno
Wrote:

Interesting error that showed up in your log files. I would try adding this option to your startup script:

-Djava.awt.headless=true

I know that the server works with this option, so let's see what happens when you add that to your startup scripts. A good place to do it would be in the setenv.sh file. If nothing else, it would eliminate this as a potential problem. I would be interested in seeing a fuller stack trace, to at least where the first JasperReports classes start showing up.

Good news: It works!

I added the "-Djava.awt.headless=true" option in the /xxx/jasperreports/apache-tomcat/scripts/ctl.sh file:

"export JAVA_OPTS="-Xms1024m -Xmx1536m -XX:PermSize=32m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xss2m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -Djava.awt.headless=true""

Thanks everyone for helping me out, thanks gdmoreno for pointing me to the wright direction!!