How to embed ad hoc editor with no JasperReport Server decoration?

mikewoinoski

Is it possible to embed the ad hoc editor in an iFrame so that you don't get the JRS styling (menus, etc.) around the editor component? I'm looking for something that has the same effect for the ad hoc editor as the viewAsDashboardFrame parameter has for dashboards.

A URL like the following brings up the ad hoc editor, but with all the usual JRS styling:

https://myhost:8443/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=adhocFlow&realm=%252Fadhoc%252Ftopics%252FAdhocDemo&_flowExecutionKey=e13s1&reportType=table&_eventId=startAdHocWithTopic&j_username=myuser|myorg&j_password=mypass

(I'm running JRS Pro 4.5)

Post Edited by mwoinoskibt at 03/24/2012 01:09

Post Edited by mwoinoskibt at 03/24/2012 01:12

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A combination of things worked for me: (1) defining a Jasper theme for embedded editors, and (2) displaying the editor in an <iframe> with an inline style. 

1. Download one of the attached zip files with a CSS file for the embedded theme (different versions for JRS 4.5 and 4.7)
  2. In the Jasper admin console, r-click Themes > Upload a Theme. Chose the zip file you downloaded in st
  3. Add theme=embedded to the URL for the editor:

<iframe src="http://jaspersvr/jasperserver-pro/flow.html?_flowId=adhocFlow&theme=embedded&realm=%2Fadhoc%2Ftopics%2FInvoice_Summary&reportType=table&_eventId=startAdHocWithTopic&j_username=someuser&j_password=userpw" 

style="border:none;padding:0;width:95%;margin:20px 0 0 20px;height:600px" 

scrolling="no">

</iframe>

The embedded theme is a single stylesheet that simply removes all decoration from the editor frame.

Hope this helps.

Post Edited by mwoinoskibt at 09/18/2012 18:35

• 3 months later...