We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasperserver on FreeBSD 8.2

duce

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duce,

You can take a look at the <unpacked-dir>/docs/JasperReports-Server-Install-Guide.pdf. There is Chapter 5 "Installing from the WAR File Distribution ZIP".

There is a script <unpacked-folder>/buildomatic/js-install.sh which will do the install once you have created a properties file with the name buildomatic/default_master.properties. And assumes you have a Tomcat and a PostgreSQL or MySQL instances available.

However, the trick is that this script is a bash script, and I don't think that FreeBSD includes the bash shell by default. So, it is required that you install the bash shell and then run the js-install.sh script.

*Also* jgh has been maintaining a FreeBSD ported install of JasperReports Server. So, that would probably be way easier!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi jgh,

I tried to install jasper server on freebsd 8.2 using ports and it was very exciting experience. Thank you very much for providing us with the ports installation which makes our lives much better./tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif

I found that I have to install 2 dependencies manually. first one is java/openjdk6 and maven2 ports but the rest of the installation procedure was a breeze.

I runs FreeBSD 8.2, Apache 2.2, SQL 5, PHP 5.2, and Tomcat 6.

however, I need some advice on the post installation procedure.

I have created mysql schema and the security as stated in the following SQL script

I have menaged to open Tomcat homepage and manager-gui page. On the gui page I learned that jasper server was not running and i'm unable to runs it. I have tried to find out the logs files but I'm pretty much clueless. Any help will be apreciated.

thankx.

Post Edited by bebekmacho at 04/18/2012 19:05

Post Edited by bebekmacho at 04/18/2012 19:07

You could perhaps check in your /var/db/mysql/my.cnf that you have the function:

skip-external-locking

and then do not use or comment this out:

#skip-networking

To test and check you can simply from the command prompt do:

#> telnet localhost 3306

If it gives you a connection denied then you need to check the above settings for mysql.

The reason for this is that tomcat uses "localhost" to connect to the database and somehow do not interprit the /tmp/mysql.sock as the localhost connection. Could also just be how my server is set up as well.

I have however not installed it using mysql yet and went with the postgres sql installation for which I myself have no clue in how to populate the data into postgres sql.

For mysql it is very simple though. Tomcat is stopped first.

#> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat7 stop

Login to mysql from the command prompt as root user then:

mysql> drop database jasperserver;

then

mysql> create database jasperserver character set utf8;

exit mysql

then run the following commands

#> cd /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0/webapps/jasperserver

#> mysql -u root jasperserver < js-create.ddl

#> mysql -u root jasperserver < quartz.ddl

#> mysql -u root jasperserver < jasperserverCreateDefaultSecurity-mysql.sql

Start Tomcat.

#> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat7 start

Check the log file like this:

#> tail -f logs/catalina.out

or

#> tail -f /usr/local/apache-tomcat-7.0/logs/catalina.out

Let us know if you got it working or not please.