We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperReports server with Oracle and Websphere

jawwadfarooq1

Hi,

I want to know that is it possible to deploy JasperReport server 4.2.1 community project on Websphere application server and create the jasper repository in Oracle 10g instead of MySQL? And if it is possible what are the required steps should I follow to configure it.

Please reply and thanks in advance

Regards,

Jawwad

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

JasperReports can run on Oracle and WebSphere. JasperReports is as GPL licensed product. You can make any changes that you want to make it run in your environment. Jasper Reports is nothing more than a war file. Modifying the source to use a Oracle backend is not a humongus task and can be done if you know java. As for running on WebSphere, I have been running it on WebSphere for a while and it is not that hard to do. Actually I like it on WebSphere a lot better than Tomcat because of all of the tools you get.

Now doing this will not result in a lot of people helping you with problems but there are a few of us using it this way. The true definition of opensource software is freedom of software. The stuff you have to modify in the war file you should be able to support yourself since you wrote it. If you have problems with things outside of your modification there is still lots of help. Installation on WebSphere is harder than the click next installer but its not that hard.