isPrintRepeatedValues="false" but still prints repeated values anyways

viking79

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would need to see the jrxml probably (you could attach it), but my first guess is that your output rows aren't sorted by the criteria that you're considering "repeated".  If your query returns values of A, B, C, D, A, A, D, B (in that order) and you set print repeated values for this field to false, all it would do is suppress the last occurrence of "A", because it immediately follows a return row that had "A".  Also, you still get a detail band if you are printing more than one field...it just suppresses the printing of the actual field you have set that property on.  It's so you can do things like the following:

SELECT ACCOUNT_OWNER.NAME, ACCOUNT.NUMBER FROM ACCOUNT INNER JOIN ACCOUNT_OWNER ON ACCOUNT.OWNER_SERIAL=ACCOUNT_OWNER.SERIAL ORDER BY ACCOUNT_OWNER.NAME

and output it like this:

James Brown         12345

Marvin Gaye             10337

Ray Charles             10053

etc.

In this example, I order by the name and then I set the name field in my detail band to not print repeats (meaning "don't print if you're exactly the same value as the detail band immediately prior to this one).  Hope that helps.

Carl