We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Why need to enter the input control parameters again when trying to sort on the table component?

chris_hou

I installed Jasper Server 4.2.1, then created a report with the table component, and 2 input control parameters for query usage.

It can retrieve the data and fill in the table correctly. But when I click the column header to sort by a column, which is said to be a new feature introduced by Jasper Server 4.2.1, it requires me to enter the input control parameters again. The notice is that 'You must apply input values before the report can be displayed.'

It seems that the function of sorting by column of the table component is not convenient to use, when we have input control parameters. Every time it needs to apply input values when I click the column header of the table to sort the result data.

I unchecked the attribute 'always prompt' of the input control parameters. Then tried to sort by column in the table, but it seems that it will use the default values of input control parameters, rather than the values input before. It's different from what I expected.

Just want to know how to handle this problem? Is there any way to use the function of 'sorting by column' of the table component without applying the input control parameters again?

Best regards!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

If this is the case, then it sounds like it would be a bug.  By no means is the sorting and other interactivity that is being exposed with the use of the table component designed so that you have to put the input control values in again to sort, etc.  I'll try this out on my end.

Thanks!

Matt

Tried this on the commercial 4.5 version and did not experience the problem.  I will try again on the community 4.2.1 version, but the 4.5 version for the community should be coming out within a week or two and I am certain that it will not be an issue there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

I'm using v4.5. When I click on a column heading to sort, I continue to be prompted by the input control dialog box. Are there other settings that have to be made? Also, in the documentation, it says that if you right click on a column heading, you are given filtering options. Yet, when I right click on a column heading, nothing happens. How do I get access to the filtering feature?

Thanks,

Jay