We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Internacionalization display report name

gonpla

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your first image showed the Sample data directories. I think your question is how to get the Sample data in Spanish. The Sample data is English only and used by JasperReports Server User Guide for example purposes. Some examples show internationalization of components, such as the report title, input controls, and date formats. Please see section 3.6 Localizing Reports in the User Guide. Find the User Guide in the docs directory of your JasperReports Server installation.

Also, here is a link to the Localization Guide. Hope this helps. Let us know.

I have read section 3.6 as you say but I do not see anywhere how to translate the title name of the report or the directory tree. For example, if I go with the Spanish configuration do not want to appear "root" or "reports", I put "root", "reports" ...
It works perfectly translating the inputs and the fields of the report, but I'm going crazy with this issue.
Thank you.

Sorry you're having problems and I did not understand your problem.

I don't think you can use locales to show one group of users a set of dynamic, changeable folder and report names and another group of users a different set of folder and report names. 

I think a multi-tenancy feature would solve your problem best, but the community project version of JasperReports Server does not have multi-tenancy that supports users logging into different organizations and seeing only the files for that organization.

Perhaps you can accomplish your goal, if I understand it, with the community project version using roles. You could copy reports to a second folder with the Barcelona name and change the report and folder name to match using the Properties dialog in the UI.  A user with the Barcelona_role would see the copy correctly named and a person with a Madrid_role would see the original with the unchanged name. Check out section 1.5 Moving folders in the JasperReports Server Community Project User Guide.

To change the name of the root folder, I think you modify the jasperserver_messages.properties file. Another approach is discussed in this post.

Does this help?

Post Edited by khahn at 11/02/2011 18:55

Post Edited by khahn at 11/02/2011 18:59

Post Edited by khahn at 11/02/2011 21:18

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...