Drilldown Hyperlink Reference Expression setup in iReport 4.1.1 deployed on jasperserver 4.1.0

dogfuel

I'm struggling and cannot find any relative documentation or posts for the versions I am using....

I have uploaded a working subreport:
/root/support/subreports/myrsub.jrxml with a Resource ID of mysub

I have uploaded a working master report:
/root/reports/mychart.jrxml with a Resource ID of mychart

In iReport 4.1.1, a chart has a hyperlink:
Hyperlink type is set to ReportExecution.  to what do I set the Hyperlink Reference Expression?

I understand the hyperlink will not work in iRepor, but even the hyperling tooltip will not show up.  I am confused and have tried many pernutations of file name, path and Resource ID.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dogfuel,

There are following things you have to remember while creating hyperlink in jasperreports:

1. First create a parent report (from where you want a hyperlink) with a field for which you want details in a child report (where you want hyperlink to point).

2. The field must be text field with hyperlink (rght+clk->Hyperlink) menu item configured as follows:

• Nothing in "anchor name expression", "Reference", "anchor" and "page" tabs of hyperlink dialog.
  • "self" in "hyperlink target" and "Report Execution" in "Hyperlink Type".

• In "link parameters" tab create a parameter with name "_report" and value "/jasperserver-path-to-child-report" (for this you need to have child report ready and exported to jasperserver, which we will create in steps below). Create another parameter with name exactly same as the parameter name (in iReport) and input control id (in jasperserver) in the child report. This parameter will carry your filter variable to child report, so child report must have one input control with exactly same name. The value of this parameter will be what you want to take to child report as a filter variable.

3. After you have created a hyperlink in parent report export it to the jasperserver. (Assuming that you understand how to create a report unit in jasperserver). Dont run the report for now.

4. Next create a child report with a parameter with name exactly same as the second link parameter of parent report.

5. Now export the child report to jasperserver and create an input control with id exactly same as the name of second link parameter of parent report.

6. There you go! Now you run the parent report. Hyperlink will work like a charm/tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/thumbs_up.gif!!

Post Edited by arnav_negi at 10/11/2011 11:29

Post Edited by arnav_negi at 10/11/2011 11:33

hi arnav

i have somthing similler problem that i want text box or the image as hyperlink dnt want to  pass perameter to subreport

i want to just drill down the report from main to sub report but my hyperlink is not working can u help me out

• 8 months later...

Can any one please explain in detail, how to configure Hyperlink reference expression.
My self is having two reports.
1.D:\MyProjects\JasperReportsDemoApp\src\jasperreportsdemoapp\reports\templates\jr15-Hyperlinkmainreport.jrxml

2.D:\MyProjects\JasperReportsDemoApp\src\jasperreportsdemoapp\reports\templates\jr15-Hyperlinksubreport.jrxml

with parameter = UserName

Br.

Post Edited by sebtain at 07/12/2012 10:07