We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

hyperlinks in dashboard

zhuolin

Hi All,

I am working on a dashboard which contains two reports on left and right sides. I have added a hyperlink in one of the reports and it links to another dashboard. All works perfectly except when I click the link it opens the new page limited to the square of the left report.

What I want is the whole page to load the new link not the report square. I tried different hyperlink but none works like I want.

One type 'Blank' opens link in a new window but I would like to only reload the same page.

Can anyone help me out

Cheers

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, please try Parent instead of Blank. To reproduce your problem and the solution:

1. Create a crude report in iReport with a hyperlink. The iReport hyperlink properties are:

Hyperlink target -- Parent
Hyperlink type -- Reference,
Hyperlink Reference Expression -- "http://www.google.com"

See attached image 1.

2. Publish the report to the server.

3. Create a dashboard with the crude report and another report.

4. Preview the report in the Dashboard Viewer. See image 2.

5. Click the hyperlink.

The entire tab of Jaspersoft:Dashboard content is replaced by the Google content. See image 3.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Is there any suggestion if I want to do something similar to your case but inside iframe:

I have a html page with 2 iframes. The first iframe contains my report which is a crosstab report.  What I need is when I am clicking on each item of crosstab, the details show in second iframe.

I almost tried all the possibility of hyperlink target and hyperlink type in ireport. but It wasnot successful my report always open in the first iframe itself.

I even tried custome target type, but adding on link parameters hyperlinkTarget='myframe'.

Thanks