Cassandra connector

cutout33
Go to solution Solved by cutout33,

Hi,

I am trying to use the Cassandra connector after installing it in iReport. I created a new data source, but when i try to test it I get the error attached in the image.

Also is it possible to use this with jasper reports too? i mean to create a reports from my java application not from jasper server?

thanks in advance...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What version of Cassandra are you using? What version of the Cassandra connector?

From the doc Cassandra-connector-for-Jaspersoft-doc-0.5.pdf:

"Version 0.5 of the Jaspersoft Cassandra connector was updated to work with Cassandra version 0.8. Cassandra is moving quickly, and it does not have strong backwards compatibility. Users of older versions of Cassandra should use Jaspersoft's Cassandra-connector-0.3."

Also, I don't know much about running Cassandra in local mode. But I've read that it's possible. I see that your host is localhost. So maybe you're in local mode. This post indicates a couple of things to try:

http://gettingstartedwithcassandra.blogspot.com/2011/06/exception-connecting-to-localhost9160.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Matt

• Solution

Hi,

Thank you very much for the answer, sorry I did not get a notification of your post.

I was using cassandra 8 and the plugin version was 0.3, now it is working fine using the 0.5 version.

PS. one last question though, is it possible to use this in a JAVA application? please tell me how?

Thanks in advance...

That's great to hear that the 0.5 version Jaspersoft Cassandra connector solved the problem!

Is it possible to use this in a Java application?
Yes, of course. It's as simple as embedding the JasperReports engine always is. I'm not sure how much detail I can add to this. If you have detailed questions about this (which are not directly related to the Cassandra connector) they probably should go to the JR forum instead.

From a legal perspective the only difference is that the JasperReports Library is LGPL while the Cassandra connector is AGPL.

Regards,
Matt