We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

report comapring two time frames

Portlight

I have a report that I need to be able to utlilize by creating a side by side output but using two different time frames - any ideas?

Right now I pass a startdate and an enddate - I am wondering if I could create a startdate2 and enddate2 as variables to populate a dataset?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at attached file. This one uses two table and two datasets. The parameters are being passed from main parameters to parameters in dataset. You will need to declare parameters in the datasets to receive the passed in params. You pass in the parameters in the table. The same goes for other types such as graphs.

Subreports will function in a similar way only you do not create another dataset in the main report but rather use the query in the subreport.

Hope that helps.

Magnus

actually it does help quite a bit - the part that is confusing me is HOW do I set up the second dataset and use the params passed in the main dataset....is it possible to provide a couple screen shots with this....I know it is asking a lot but I am a bit above my comfort level here!

Okay, I have the dataset added by using the create empty datasource - but what i really need is to use the same stored procedure that is used in the main report....is that possible - seems like everytime i try to add the stored procedure as the query it hangs up.