Troubles with js-export / js-import

f_chas01

Hello,

I have intalled JasperReports Server from the WAR file. I am using an oracle DB and a tomcat server. Everything is working perfectly except for the js-import and js-export tools.

Any attempt to run one of the tools results in a tonne of errors. The reason seems to be a oracle jdbs driver which can not be found. The point is, that the jdbc driver is deployed. ojdbc14.jar is in the classpath and OracleDriver class can be found. I checked it using the

java oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver which results in

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main

Does anybody know what it might be?

Here are the error messages I get when I try to start js-export.

Code:

Post Edited by f_chas01 at 07/14/2011 14:03

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the trouble running the js-import/js-export commands.

It is definitely confusing that the Application Server is fully configured but the js-import/export scripts are missing a reference to the appropriate JDBC driver.

There is a section in the Install Guide on import-export configuration that says where the JDBC driver must additionally be copied. Section 14.4 "Deploying a JDBC Driver". The point is that the App Server and import-export configuration set of files are not identical and necessarily live in two locations. For import-export, the JDBC driver must be copied to this location:

<js-install>/buildomatic/conf_source/iePro/lib

For the next release, I am planning to push two improvements. One is I will make sure the driver is copied for import-export on the deploy-webapp buildomatic install step. Second, it looks like we should be able to get import-export into the JS UI so that import-export can be run from the UI which will make it easier to manage many import-export tasks.