We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

[Ad Hoc] Show Table Details

andre187

Hi everybody!

In an ad-hoc-report after grouping some columns and adding a column to calculate, the ad-hoc-reporting-mask shows me a preview with some data and detail rows.

In the menu, top right, I can hide/show the detail rows. The default is "show detail rows". Now my question:

How can I change the default from "show detail rows" to "hide detail rows" in an ad-hoc-report?

What I've done until now:

In webappsjasperserver-proWEB-INFadhocactionModel_TableViewModel.xml I've found following at row line 15:

<condition test="getShowDetailMenu">
                <option labelCondition="getShowTableDetails" action="toggleTableDetails">
                    <labelOption functionResponse="false" labelKey="ADH_242_SHOW_TABLE_DETAILS"/>
                    <labelOption functionResponse="true" labelKey="ADH_241_HIDE_TABLE_DETAILS"/>
                </option>
            </condition>

My buzzword was "ShowTableDetails" to make further search in Java-files.

I found following Class AdhocUnifiedState in Package com.jaspersoft.ji.adhoc (It's in the ji-gyroscope jar)

There is a boolean "showTableDetails" and it was initialized with "true". So I changed and deployed it on my Jasperserver, reload the application and testing it, but the change has no effects.

I'm using Jasperserver 3.7.1.

Thanks for any suggestions and help!

Best regards

Andree

Post Edited by andre187 at 2011-06-28 16:07

Post Edited by andre187 at 2011-06-29 08:02

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you made reasonable changes to get it working.

Be sure to log it with technical support. It seems there is definitely a valid enhancement request:

1. It should be possible to default to "hide detail rows" by making a config change (no recompilation should be required).

And based on your post, it seems like there could be a bug:

2. The initialization value for showTableDetails in AdhocUnifiedState.java (in gyroscope.jar) is ignored.

I cannot confirm #2. Perhaps you've made a silly mistake. But it sounds like you've done things correctly. In any case, support should be able to assist.

Regards,
Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I believe if you want to modify a default property of AdhocUnifiedState, you will most like want to edit WEB--INF/applicationContext-adhoc-.xml.  Look for bean id adhocUnifiedStateTemplate in that xml file and add the property that you want to modify.  However, this is just the initial property setting, not sure doesn't it work for your case or not.

- ivan