Using geographic maps as a parameter provider for executing a report

f_chas01

I am wondering if there is a way to use maps in the report which could provide parameters (depending on where the user clicks on the map) for executing a certain report.

I've seen a Map Pro example which is provided with in the JasperReports Server. There is a flash map where you can only see one single value when you put the cursor over the certain part of the flash map.

The question is: is there a way to execute a report with a certain parameter value depending on the area the user has selected on the map?

With regards,

Friedrich

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any documentation on this topic? I found quite less regarding the custom flash elements in JasperReports.

There ist no options for entering a hyperlink for the flash map using iReport interface.

PS: Some flash maps listed do not work like the german state maps.

Post Edited by f_chas01 at 07/15/2011 14:32

I think it would be nice if there were a map of the US, a user click on the state of California, and they go to specific reports, etc for that state.  Asking for zooming into cities is a bit much at this point.  But if you just click on the whole map and get one big link to another page where then you can click on a state, it makes the map pointless.