performance poor in internet explorer 7 related to input controls

terco

Hello,

I have a report which has 9 Input controls, 7 from them are cascaded.
This report is running with acceptable performance when JasperReports Server CP 4.0 is accessed with Firefox (3.5 or 5) or Chrome.

With IE 7 it is very slow, the mouse moves slow and the cascading IC react very slow: script loading the ICs?.
After a while, I get the error message:
"A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly".

Is it possible to get a better performance via configuration? Ideally in JR-Server since I have no direct access to the users' PCs.

BTW: in my PC I add the registry entry as described in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500/en-us
and this entry, eliminate the error message which pops up after a while "... causing IE to run slowly" but the performance stays equally bad.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey terco,

I'm having the exact same problem with the slow performance in IE7.  I have spoken with a JasperSoft representative and they seem to know about the issue.  I'm hoping they will look into this at some point in the near future as it's driving me crazy.

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be list size related. My problems are occuring with large multi-select query input selections. Single-select queries work fine. Small mult-select queries also perform ok. But Large multi-select queries have problems. One with around 8,000 entries starts to have problems and one with 23,000 entries does not work. Both performed well under JasperServer 3.71.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...