We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Tools--> Import Settings

dirai

Hi,

I am trying to install a new version of iReport 3.6.2. On clicking on the link Tools --> Import Settings it asks for an existing version. When I give the already installed version 3.0.0 it does not pick up the path.

What is the correct path to be given here so that the settings are directly imported?

Please reply ASAP.

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't import from 3.0 (3.0 is too old). It should get anything from 3.1 or later, I think. 

You should probably go straight to 4.0. It's got lots of benefits. If you need 3.x for some reason, then you should probably get 3.7.6. It's got lots of bug fixes. Do you have some requirement for 3.6?

Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt,

We are using a RedPrairie database to interact with for these reports. And iReport 3.6.2 is the compatible one. Are there any serious reasons to worry about with 3.6.2?

Please advise.

Thanks!

I don't know of problems specific to 3.6.x, but I have a general experience of better stability with 3.7.x.

I'm not familiar with RedPrarie, but I'm sure iReport 3.7.6 would be equally compatible with it. Even if they ship with JasperReports 3.6.2 embedded, the later iReport version is able to save the .jrxml in older formats for compatibility in situations like this.

Regards,
Matt