JasperServer 4.0 upgrade - JDBC test connection errors

n9yty

I think the upgrade to 4.0 went OK here. :) I upgraded from 3.5.0 to 3.7.1 to 4.0.0. However, when trying to run reports it just sits there, no output, no errors. Also, if I go in and edit or create a datasource and use the TEST CONNECTION button, I get an exception error.

Did something get out of sync during the upgrade process? I did verify that the mysql jar is in the tomcat lib directory, even tried the latest MySQL connector and yet still I get an error testing the JDBC connections.

I also find it puzzling that it is referencing a Mondrian class for a JDBC connection, but I don't claim to understand all of the levels involved.

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Handler processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:924)	org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)	org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:511)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)	com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.common.UploadMultipartFilter.doFilter(UploadMultipartFilter.java:83)	org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:378)	com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.security.JSSwitchUserProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(JSSwitchUserProcessingFilter.java:154) . . .root causejava.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError	java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)	java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)	java.sql.DriverManager.getCallerClass(DriverManager.java:477)	java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:576)	java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185)	com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.DataSourceAction.testJdbcDataSource(DataSourceAction.java:226)	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)	sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)	java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) . . .root causejava.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mondrian.olap4j.FactoryJdbc4Impl	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1516)	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1361)	java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)	java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)	mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jDriver.(MondrianOlap4jDriver.java:91) 	mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jDriver.register(MondrianOlap4jDriver.java:111) 	mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jDriver.(MondrianOlap4jDriver.java:71) 	java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) 	java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247) 	java.sql.DriverManager.getCallerClass(DriverManager.java:477) 	java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:576) 	java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185) 	com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.DataSourceAction.testJdbcDataSource(DataSourceAction.java:226) . . .

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, isn't this interesting...  Or maybe not.

I did a fresh install of version 4.0, and since I wanted the minimal install I did not include the sample set.  I then copied my existing jasperserver webapp directory over, and wouldn't you know that everything worked great?

So I did yet another clean install, this time doing the sample databases and then moved my jasperserver webapp directory over and the same problem came back.

So - I have a third install running without the samples and all is fine. The funny thing is that it would appear all the old sample stuff came over from the converted repository because they are still there.

So, it is working now, but I think something is still probably not right with the upgrade process when sample data is installed.

• 2 weeks later...