Problem using returned subreport value in Print When Expression

sumija

Hello!!

I have main report and one subreport in every detail of main report. I need to put some flag (color, line, whatever..) based on calculation of main report value & subreport returned value.

The problem is I can't use a subreport returned value in Print When Expression because of evaluation time is always Now. Is it possible somehow to flag the detail row/field based on subreport returned value.

Miljan

Post Edited by sumija at 02/21/2011 15:26

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried changing the evaluation time of the field that you want styled from "Now" to "Band"?  The ultimate guide says that if you need to use any returned parameters in the same band as the subreport itself, the field that uses the returned parameter needs to be set to "Band".

Carl

Yes I did, but the evaluation time of Print When Expression is Now and the returning parameter is null in that time.

The question is can I use returning parameter from subreport to print or not to print some fields in the same band (subreport is in detail band, also the fields which I want to print depending of ret. values)

Миљан

Post Edited by sumija at 02/23/2011 13:17

• 1 year later...

Hi sumija,

I am having the same problem.  Can you specify how you solved your problem by putting a "flag" in the subreport? What flag is it specifically? A sample template would be very helpful.  Your help and advice will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Jan

Maybe the word Flag is not the right one.

I tried to return some data from subreport to main report, but that not worked. I resolved my problem by sending data from master report to subreport, and instead of main report I used subreport for what I needed to do (show/hide some fields).

Miljan