We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JavaBean Datasource won't display attributes

icccapital

I am at a total loss.  I have gotten this to work before, but everything I have done I can't seem to get the attributes to display in the report query in Ireport.  My code is below for the factory class.  I have jarred the three classes in one jar file.  I have added the jar file to the classpath in ireport and I have created a new connection/datasource with the following information

JavaBeans set datasource

name: Mailers

FactoryClass: beanCollect.BeanCollection

checked Collection of JavaBeans

method: createBeanCollection

Can anyone give me something else to try, thanks

Code:
/* * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates * and open the template in the editor. */package beanCollect;import java.util.ArrayList;import java.util.List;import org.myapp.model.Contacts;import org.myapp.model.Clients;public class BeanCollection {    public static List createBeanCollection(){        List<Clients> myList = new ArrayList<Clients>();        Contacts co = new Contacts();        Clients cl = new Clients();        co.setiD1(new Long(10));        co.setCompany("Company");        co.setFirstName("Bill");        co.setLastName("Lung");        co.setAddress("10 place");        co.setAddress2("Address 2");        co.setCity("Orlando");        co.setState("FL");        co.setZipCode("32801");        List<Contacts> lc = new ArrayList<Contacts>();        cl.setPosition("Doctor");        lc.add(co);        cl.setContacts(lc);        myList.add(cl);        return myList;    }}

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stepped away from the project for a bit and so just came back and figured out what I was doing wrong.

For those who need this info, I figured out that you have to have the createBeanCollection (aggregator of the list of objects) method in the bean that has all of the attributes. 

Maybe in future versions this won't be a limitation.