We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Expandable reports

anitasri1

Hello All,

I'm trying to create a report which has a functionality to expand( by clicking + sign) and collepse (by clicking on - sign). I'm not able to find any example for that. Can I do this by using jasper and ireport?

Please help!!!

Thanks

Post Edited by anitasri1 at 02/05/2011 18:26

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice but without changing the internal HTML exporter code I am thinking this is pretty much a non-starter,  would have modify the generated HTML to start injecting DIVs to enable the collapse etc,  this is more a U/I interactive element vs a reporting feature but agree that for online reports this would be killer.  While we are at it, how about in-line dynamic sortable columns without having to do a server post back and report regen... ah heaven.

I agree with jpauze: dynamic sorting will be great.

For those of you that came to JasperWorld back in February, you saw it demonstrated there. For those that didn't... it's a feature that is on its way. You could do it yourself today using the "Generic Element" to get whatever javascript you need.

Regards,
Matt

I will literally bow down in praise when that feature is added, been trying to do it for some time now and even gones as far as injecting inline javascript to no avail. Haven't used "Generic Elements" yet and will definitely re-visit and see what I can come up with while we wait for the feature. If I find a solution I will post it.