We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cross Tab and Subreport Link

irnewbie

Hi

I am building a report in IReport version 3.7.4 that was originally designed in crystal reports as a cross-tab. I am now designing a cross-tab in IReports and need to have a main report and use the sub report as I understand that I need to put the sub-report in the summary section therefore will not have any page footer, and the main report will have the page footer.

The query is just a straight SQL Statement and I need to know what to do to have the sub-report link to this data so that it runs in the main report. I have the sub-report running successfully and when I put the sub-report in the main report all I get is a blank report.

I am currently just learning how to use IReport and have only been playing about with it for a few weeks so am quite unfamiliar with it - especially linking the sub report -> Main report I do not understand what I need to do at that point regarding the database fileds/parameters/variables etc.

Hopefully someone can give me some pointers on this specific bit of the project.

Thanks

IRNewbie

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell me what this has to do with mapping parameters/fields to a sub report. I have a cross tab report that I would like to use as a sub report in a main report but the main report itself does not have any fields it is used for display purposes only

My questions are:

Where do I put the query - in the main report, sub report or both
Do I create parameters in the sub report and link them to the main report's query fields (dependant on answer to above) or vice versa?

Thanks

IRNewbie