Changing Report Permissions

geoffk

I've created a new user that is part of the "ROLE_BRIGHT" (a new one I created) and the "ROLE_USER" groups - the idea being that this user can access some of the menus (e.g. Data Sources), as they write and publish reports (with iReports), whereas most users just run them and they have their own users (which all belong to the "ROLE_USER" group only).

I've found that a couple of the reports that have been published do not run for the general users, but will run for my new user.  The system reports that "Access denied: You do not have permission to take the requested action"

The reports are in the same folder and have the same permissions: "ROLE_BRIGHT" has administrative permission and "ROLE_USER" has read only permission - both of which are inherited.

I can't see a difference between the reports and the way they were published to the server, so cannot understand the problem - it's probably something that I've not done, as I am a new user, but need some help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that you have right permission for the reports ..But not on the resources reports are accessing.

Please check permission on all the resources -> Datatypes , Input Control, Images report is referencing...all resources should have at least Read Only Permisison for report to run Ok

thanks

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

That was it.

For anyone else who may make the same mistake, the permissions on the default "date_label" Input data type was set to "No Access" for the "ROLE_USER" group because I'd hidden this folder from these users and therefore the record inherited the same permission - to simplify the user interface.  I was able to change the permissions on the data type, while leaving the menu hidden and my reports started to work.

Thanks for your help.