Table Merged Columns

fionn_colvin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask a follow-up to the original question:  where can we find documentation on use of the Table element?  I've loaded iReport Professional 4.0 (although I haven't loaded 4.0 of JasperReports Server yet, so I can't exactly go hog-wild authoring reports with Tables yet, but still, I'd like to start getting used to them.

Carl

I have that guide as well, but it came out before Tables did.  I'm pretty sure I did a text search and couldn't find any mention of tables (or callouts, by the way...just saw my first example of how useful those could be in an example on this forum last week).  I hear the new edition should be coming out soon to reflect changes included in 4.0.

Carl

Strange that when I go onto the Support portal under Premium Documentation, it calls the iReport Ultimate Guide "Third Edition (rev 3)" with a Release Date of Jan 15, 2010.  I don't know what my old version was, since the only revision number actually included in the document itself is a number like this: 0510-UGI37-4. No date, no version number of JasperServer or iReport, etc.  So I didn't bother downloading before, because I assumed the one on the support portal was the same one I already had.  I was wrong.  The one on the portal now does describe tables in the same chapter that formerly only had lists and barcodes.

They should make the versioning of the Ultimate Guide more obviously tied to versioning of iReport, update the release date (I really doubt this version of the iReport Ultimate Guide has been around since Jan 2010), and include that versioning info in the document so you can tell which version you currently have!

Thanks for making me curious enough to download the new (?) version of the U.G.

Carl