We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport and JasperServer Compatibility...

pgreen

Hello,

I am in the process of building a replacement server using JasperServer 3.7.1 CE running against a MySQL database on the same server. I have a good selection of reports which need transferring to the new server and have been written in a combination of iReport 3.7.2 through to 3.7.6. On the original server all of these reports are working, regardless of which version of the software they were done in, but when I upload them to the new server from iReport 3.7.6 I am getting 'error 1 - 0'. I have tried uploading the reports from iReport 3.7.1 and, although they seem to upload, some of them work OK and some of them don't, mainly giving 'java.net.MalformedURLException' when I try to run them from the server.

What I don't understand is why is there seemingly a compatibility issue with the server and my iReport 3.7.6 installation as this is working fine on the original server regardless of what version of iReport I use. As far as I know there have been no updates on the original server which aren't on the new one and, in the past, I have always been using the latest version of iReport to edit and upload my reports with no issues.

The only related difference as far as I can see is that the original server used the packaged Tomcat installation whereas I installed it manually on the new server. It seems to be working fine, indeed I can browse through the JasperServer pages and view the reports that work with no problems.

As it happens, I have recently had to reinstall Windows on my machine used for editing due to a completely unrelated issue, so it may be that there is something different there which is causing a problem?

If anyone can be of assistance it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Phil.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one image on there, a basic logo. I've uploaded that and relinked it from the repository with the same issue. I've also removed the images and the same thing happens so I guess it's nothing to do with that.