We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Lost ability to save ad hoc report

mark_16

I sometimes lose the ability to save an Ad Hoc Report.  The "Save Report" and "Save Report As.." become unclickable.  This is while logged in as the user that created the report.  Usually if this happens in Safari or Chrome on my MacBook Pro, I go to Firefox on Ubuntu and am able to workaround, as it seems less prevalent there.  However, now I have encountered reports that show this bug in all 3 of my browsers, and although they continue to run well as is, I cannot edit.  Other controls also become inaccessible (e.g., modify column), while others are still ok (e.g., modify sort order).  /tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/confused_smile.gif

Loosening permissions has no effect.  Logging in as higher level admin user, jasperadmin or even superuser have no effect. Restarting the server has no effect. 

Anyone else seen this? 

Thanks in advance!    

Product Version: 3.7.0.1

Build: 20100415_1404

License Type: Commercial

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. clear the app server temp directory

2. clear the browser cache

3. try to clear the work directory under app server

espeically, i you see the issue sometime and other time it works, clearing the cache, temp and work directoyr should work.

also , if you provide exatc steps to create the problem with jasperserver verison you are using , and browser version , that will help to reproduce the problem internally ..

thanks

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

• 10 years later...