Help - Subreport ist shown

chris188

Hi all,

I'm fighting since a couple of hours with a sub report. I created a simple main report which should show a sub report, but when I run the main report then the sub report will be not shown.

Please can you help me because I need to provide this report today, I have the reports attached.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Chris

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of questions:

1) Does the subreport run on its own? If the query generates no results, then the subreport will be blank, but since the main has static fields, the overall report will display.

2) Any particular reason you placed your charts and plots in the Summary band? I would think you would want it in the detail band of the subreport.

Ed.

Hi Ed,

1) Yes, the subreport run on it's own and it shows me the correct line chart.

2) I had to put it into the Summary band, because when I put the chart into the Detail band then it generates 178 pages with the same chart, maybe there is another solution for this issue.

Thanks, Chris

Can anyone help me, I cannot believe that it is so difficult to create a report with multiple pages.

Right now I added one sub report into the summary band followed by a page break and the second sub report.

The result was that the first sub report was shown correctly, also the second one was shown on the second page, but on the second page is the page header and footer not shown.

I used also the page property "Show page header and footer on Summary page" but this didn't help.

Thanks,

Chris