Input control questions

dcooman

I have two questions about Input Controls. 

1)  Is there a way to hide or otherwise not show the "Save Values" button?  I have made the repository read-only and users always get an "access denied" message.  I would rather just not show this button at all.

2)  Is there a way to present an initial value for the selection box?  I have two Input Controls, each with a Single Value Query which returns a list of month/year values.  The values are the previous 12 months in order from most recent to oldest.  One input control selects the starting month while the other selects the ending month for the report.  I'd like the Starting Month one to initially show three months ago and the Ending Month to show last month.  Is this possible?  Right now they both propose the first month in the list which is last month.

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2) No. This is a bummer. It would be nice to have the ability to set a default value for an input control. Please log an enhancement request for this.

1) There's no simple configuration setting to change this. But it doesn't seem like it would be a complex customization. Take a look at .../webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/jsp/report-options/OptionsEditForm.jsp

I haven't tested it... but it might be as simple as removing this line:
<input type="submit" name="_eventId_save" value="<spring:message code="button.save"/>" class="fnormal"/>

Regards,
Matt