Adhoc Input Control problem

jrechter

We are currently using the 3.5 version of JasperServer.

In creating an Adhoc report, I set a criteria for one of our fields, Account Status (dropdown list) with a required value,  and then checked the Prompt box.   I would then expect that when I open up the Adhoc report, the parameter dialog box would appear (as if I selected 'Always Prompt' on a non Adhoc report).  It does not.  Instead, the report opens up with the defaulted value, which at that point, you can click on the input control icon and rerun the adhoc report with the desired parameter value.

Is there a way to get an Adhoc report to always prompt an input control dialog box before producing a report?  Our users don't have access to the repository, so they can't go in later to edit the Adhoc report and set the 'Always Prompt' flag.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Prompt box' is here to enable the filter when the report is ran, not to actually prompt it when you open it.

Just a quick thought: one workaround could be to add a NULL row of data in your table and select it as the default (yuk! that's ugly and isn't guaranty to work... )