Error loading the report template

laceja

I just downloaded and installed iReport 3.7.5.  When I try to open a report created with 3.7.4, I get an error. Here's a copy of the error report:

Error loading the report template

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Level:
    SEVERE
Stack Trace:
null
    java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:998)
    javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1320)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlVisualView.run(JrxmlVisualView.java:526)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)
    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JasperDesign.getColumnDirection()Lnet/sf/jasperreports/engine/type/RunDirectionEnum;
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ModelUtils.getParentLocationImpl(ModelUtils.java:2123)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.AbstractReportObjectScene.getParentLocation(AbstractReportObjectScene.java:499)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ModelUtils.getParentLocation(ModelUtils.java:2085)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.widgets.JRDesignElementWidget.getParentElementModelLocation(JRDesignElementWidget.java:261)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.widgets.JRDesignElementWidget.convertModelToLocalLocation(JRDesignElementWidget.java:276)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.widgets.JRDesignElementWidget.updateBounds(JRDesignElementWidget.java:167)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.widgets.JRDesignElementWidget.<init>(JRDesignElementWidget.java:102)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportObjectScene.addElementWidget(ReportObjectScene.java:227)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportObjectScene.addElements(ReportObjectScene.java:480)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportObjectScene.refreshBands(ReportObjectScene.java:373)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportObjectScene.rebuildDocument(ReportObjectScene.java:309)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportObjectScene$1.run(ReportObjectScene.java:153)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ThreadUtils.invokeInAWTThread(ThreadUtils.java:38)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportObjectScene.setJasperDesign(ReportObjectScene.java:150)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportDesignerPanel.setJasperDesign(ReportDesignerPanel.java:154)
    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlVisualView$3.run(JrxmlVisualView.java:530)
    java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)
    org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:104)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Normally reports created in older versions of JR/iR work fine in later versions of JR/iR. That's certainly true for many hundreds of reports here. It's possible you ran into an unusual case; it's very surprising.
Is there anything very unusual about your reports? Have you tried Save As from iReport 3.7.4 to older formats then opening in iReport 4.0? Would you like to attach the .jrxml for someone else to reproduce the problem?
Regards,
Matt

I have not tried "save as".  However, I did create a new, very simple report, with a single MySql table, with only one column from that table in the detial secotion and a text field in the page header.  After saving that simple report in 3.7.4, I attempted to open it with 4.0.0 and got the same error.

I might add, I first begin developing reports with 3.7.3 and later upgraded to 3.7.4 and that upgrade went smoothly.  Now, even reports, which were developed with 3.7.3 get the same error.

This is really frustrating.

• 4 months later...

It is frustrating .... I re-installed iReport again .... no joy whatsoever .... surely someone knows answer to this ... it is not a strange issue ... i am sure many people might have faced this issue. I have pasted the error below

Code:
Error loading the report template Message:    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExceptionLevel:    SEVEREStack Trace:null    java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:998)    javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1320)    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlVisualView.run(JrxmlVisualView.java:526)    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)    org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)net.sf.jasperreports.engine.convert.ReportConverter. (Lnet/sf/jasperreports/engine/JRReport;Z)V    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportObjectScene.setJasperDesign(ReportObjectScene.java:148)    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.ReportDesignerPanel.setJasperDesign(ReportDesignerPanel.java:154)    com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlVisualView$3.run(JrxmlVisualView.java:530)    java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)    java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:597)    org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:104)    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)    java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Post Edited by sumairrana at 07/15/2011 11:32