We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Filling report ERROR suspend, Fill 27759687:

laan_sachin

Hi Jasper Team,

First I would like to appreciate for provding the tool with good capabilities.

My Requirement : I have a report with 3 or 4 pages where I want a section in 2nd page (which will be well within a page) not to spill over two pages. If the content cannot be filled in the remaining space of a page, it should be page breaked and printed in the next page. (This section has a sub-report which inturn some more sub-reports but all within  a page.)

What I did : I set the detail band property to 'Split Type' to 'Prevent'.

Problem: When i run the reports with test data, for some of the inputs i get the below exception. I dont know wat to do.

If i give some vertical space between the first object from the detail band line, it works. But i cant be sure of that.

??? - Is this a right way to prevent a page filling across two pages. 

Kindly help me on this.

Filling report

ERROR  suspend, Fill 27759687: exception

Code:
Filling reportERROR  suspend, Fill 27759687: exceptionjava.lang.InterruptedException	at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)	at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.suspend(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:185)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.suspendSubreportRunner(JRBaseFiller.java:2099)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.addPage(JRVerticalFiller.java:1836)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1921)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1950)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:733)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportContent(JRVerticalFiller.java:289)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:131)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:942)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:860)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.fillSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:612)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRSubreportRunnable.run(JRSubreportRunnable.java:59)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.run(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:205)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)ERROR  suspend, Fill 2301493: exceptionjava.lang.InterruptedException	at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)	at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.suspend(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:185)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.suspendSubreportRunner(JRBaseFiller.java:2099)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.addPage(JRVerticalFiller.java:1836)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1921)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1950)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:733)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportContent(JRVerticalFiller.java:289)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:131)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:942)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:860)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.fillSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:612)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRSubreportRunnable.run(JRSubreportRunnable.java:59)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.run(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:205)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)ERROR  suspend, Fill 26489568: exceptionjava.lang.InterruptedException	at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)	at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.suspend(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:185)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.suspendSubreportRunner(JRBaseFiller.java:2099)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.addPage(JRVerticalFiller.java:1836)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1921)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1950)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:733)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportContent(JRVerticalFiller.java:289)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:131)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:942)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:860)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.fillSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:612)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRSubreportRunnable.run(JRSubreportRunnable.java:59)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.run(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:205)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)ERROR  suspend, Fill 698896: exceptionjava.lang.InterruptedException	at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)	at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.suspend(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:185)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.suspendSubreportRunner(JRBaseFiller.java:2099)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.addPage(JRVerticalFiller.java:1836)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1921)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1950)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:733)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportContent(JRVerticalFiller.java:289)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:131)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:942)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:860)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.fillSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:612)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRSubreportRunnable.run(JRSubreportRunnable.java:59)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRThreadSubreportRunner.run(JRThreadSubreportRunner.java:205)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jasper Team,

I've seen that there is no answer yet to this problem.

As far as I'm concerned, I encounter the same problem. Is there any solution?

Of course, the report is produced, but so many errors makes me anxious on the validity of the result produced...

Can you give us an answer please.

Best Regards

• 1 month later...

From here:  http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=102&forumid=103&topicid=42700

I've gotten the same problem. It was due to my detail band that wasn't
"split allowed" and it was large. When trying to make it fit on one
page, it couldn't. By selecting "split allowed" the problem is resolved.

And here:  http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=102&forumid=103&topicid=30160

In my case, these exceptions were being caused by uncaught exceptions being thrown from within a custom chart scriptlet referenced by the JRXML file.

The chart scriptlet was throwing a NullPointerException that was not being caught or logged. This appears to send the interrupt signal to the thread that Jasper has created to perform the sub-report filling work.

I tracked it down by wrapping my entire scriptlet's invocation with a try/catch Throwable and then narrowed down the offending code from there.

Related bug report:

http://jasperforge.org/projects/jasperreports/tracker/view.php?id=5086

Post Edited by mouseman at 07/14/2011 16:31

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

I couldn't properly resolved this problem.

If "Split Type" = Prevent in my parent report "Detail" band properies, error logs are present. I've to keep "Split Type" = Prevent, to avoid splitting of my subreport.

I don't understand why error logs are present ?

However, my PDF document is OK.

Is anyone has an answer ?

Best Regards.

BOO

• 7 months later...

@BOO, I have the same as you have, except I also have unwanted blank page at the beginning of the document (rest of docu seems ok). But this error is annoying and filling up logs..

@Jaspersoft, Since I am using 5.6.1 is this still a problem im future releases, like 6.1 or 6.2? Maybe jaspersoft can actually show the real error instead of this swallow?