problem with import

snehalata_d

I am using following command for exporting --

C:\Program Files\jasperserver-pro-3.7\scripts>js-export --uris /organizations/organization_1/reports/samples/AllAccounts --output-zip myExport.zip

Exporting repository resource /organizations/organization_1/reports/samples/AllAccounts
Exporting repository resource /organizations/organization_1/datasources/JServerJNDIDS
Exporting repository resource /organizations/organization_1/images/JRLogo

While importing I used following command

C:\Program Files\jasperserver-pro-3.7\scripts>js-import --input-zip C:\Users\ugupte\Desktop\myExport.zip  --prepend-path /organizations/organization_1/AllDir

and got the following output on command prompt.

Creating repository folder /organizations/organization_1/AllDir
Created repository folder /organizations/organization_1/AllDir/organizations
Created repository folder /organizations/organization_1/AllDir/organizations/org
anization_1
Created repository folder /organizations/organization_1/AllDir/organizations/org
anization_1/reports
anization_1/reports/samples
anization_1/datasources
Imported resource /organizations/organization_1/AllDir/organizations/organizatio
n_1/datasources/JServerJNDIDS
anization_1/images
Imported resource /organizations/organization_1/AllDir/organizations/organizatio
n_1/images/JRLogo
n_1/reports/samples/AllAccounts

But with this command AllDir folder is created in JasperServer and in that again folders for organizations,organization_1,reports and samples are created.

I want the following structure to be created on JasperServer

/AllDir/reports/samples

Please can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Snehalata

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prepend-path you specified /organizations/organization_1/AllDir will create these folders off of the root folder (as we can see from the output of the command).

If you want to create the folder structure: /AllDir/reports/samples

Then you can go into the JasperServer UI and create that folder structure. But I'm not sure I understand the question.

• 1 month later...

According to the JasperServer Admin Guide,the prepend path option works as follows.

"Import the myDir catalog folder, prepending /importDir to all repository URIs:

js-import --input-dir myDir --prepend-path /importDir

For example, the folder /reports in the export catalog is imported to /importDir/reports.

"

But in my case .when I import using above import command ,the folder /reports in the export catalog gets imported to /importDir/organizations/organization_1/reports.

But I want it to be imported like this : /importDir/reports

How to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance