We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to use JRDesignComponentElement (add Barbecue)

arturoi

Hi forum,

I need to create a report with no previous .jrxml (on the fly) and add a Barbacue element on it.

In the jrxml I need create something similar to this:

<componentElement>
<reportElement x="38" y="171" width="200" height="64"/>
<jr:barbecue xsi:schemaLocation="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports/components http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/xsd/components.xsd" type="EAN128" drawText="true" checksumRequired="true" barHeight="40">
<jr:codeExpression>"1234567890"</jr:codeExpression>
</jr:barbecue>
</componentElement>

Can anyone help me please?

I saw the nojrxml example but don't see anything similar to a componentElement created on the fly.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Code:
I tried with this portion of code:        JRDesignComponentElement barCode = new JRDesignComponentElement();        barCode.setX(Integer.valueOf(fieldValues.get("x")));        barCode.setY(Integer.valueOf(fieldValues.get("y")));        barCode.setHeight(Integer.valueOf(fieldValues.get("height")) + 25);        barCode.setWidth(Integer.valueOf(fieldValues.get("width")));        StandardBarbecueComponent stdBBQComponent = new StandardBarbecueComponent();        stdBBQComponent.setType("EAN128");        stdBBQComponent.setDrawText(false);        stdBBQComponent.setChecksumRequired(false);        stdBBQComponent.setBarHeight(Integer.valueOf(fieldValues.get("height")));        stdBBQComponent.setEvaluationTimeValue(EvaluationTimeEnum.REPORT);        JRDesignExpression designExpression = new JRDesignExpression();        designExpression.setText("$F{" + fieldValues.get("fieldExp") + "}");        stdBBQComponent.setCodeExpression(designExpression);        barCode.setComponent(stdBBQComponent);.... but when I try to compile the report design it throws methe following exception:java.lang.NullPointerException        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.component.ComponentsEnvironment.getComponentManager(ComponentsEnvironment.java:138)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRExpressionCollector.collect(JRExpressionCollector.java:1364)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignComponentElement.collectExpressions(JRDesignComponentElement.java:95)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRExpressionCollector.collect(JRExpressionCollector.java:567)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRExpressionCollector.collect(JRExpressionCollector.java:547)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRExpressionCollector.collect(JRExpressionCollector.java:434)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRExpressionCollector.collector(JRExpressionCollector.java:99)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:137)        at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:215)

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I only found the guide of how to create a report without .jrxml

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4456779/how-do-i-compile-jrxml-to-get-jasper

But for adding barbecue. I'm also looking for solution, hope any one can share a result.

Beside, I also need to create barcode in jasper reports, I need to add code 128 rather than ean 128, but still thanks for upper solution.