date parameter problem

ozkan

Hi,

My report has a date column. I'm sending a string data to the report date column from my java code.

I think, their format is different, the following error.

How do I edit the date column, receive as string data.

Thanks.

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRExpressionEvalException: Error evaluating expression :

Source text : $F{Date}

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JREvaluator.evaluate(JREvaluator.java:195)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRCalculator.evaluate(JRCalculator.java:589)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRCalculator.evaluate(JRCalculator.java:557)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElement.evaluateExpression(JRFillElement.java:929)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextField.evaluateText(JRFillTextField.java:383)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextField.evaluate(JRFillTextField.java:368)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElementContainer.evaluate(JRFillElementContainer.java:258)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.evaluate(JRFillBand.java:499)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBand(JRVerticalFiller.java:2026)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:757)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportStart(JRVerticalFiller.java:269)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:127)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:942)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:860)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:84)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:624)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The error message suggests you don't have a field called Date, what is the source of the data? Assuming it is JDBC what is your SQL query?

> I'm sending a string data to the report date column from my java code.

I'm a bit confused, could you expand a little.

Regards, Vic

I'm sending data to the report in a jtable from java code. All of the following data is String in jtable. But Date parameter is sql timestamp in report. So I think it fails. Date parameter should be string type in ireport. How can convert it in ireport?

> I'm sending data to the report in a jtable from java code

Sorry, stil confused.  Do you have an application that you use to populate data in teh database, that data is then pulled out for a report via JDBC/SQL? 

> How can convert it in ireport?

Change the type of the field to a string.  use $F{Date}.toString() or use java.util.SimpleDateFormat.  Alternatly change your databse query to return the formatted string.

BTW, are you sure you have a field _called_ Date specifed in your query, the error you are report says it cannot evaulate the expression _$F{Date}_

I used the date field as $F{Date}.toString() but gives the same error.

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRExpressionEvalException: Error evaluating expression :

Source text : $F{Date}.toString()