iReport/Jasper Report consuming data from an API

rodrigoecai

Hello everyone,

I'm want to create a report that consume data from an API... The idea is get an Array of String with the values of a tag in a given period, and then create Graphs of them.

So I tried to create a Custom DataSource: I implemented JRDataSource, and then a Factory for it. Then I generated a .jar, put it in iReport's Classpath, created a new Connection/Datasource pointing to my Factory and the static method createDatasource, and when I click on Test, it says "Connection test successful".

What do i have to do next? I tried to "Report query" to get the fields, using the tab "DataSource Provider", but i get a warning: "The active connection is not a JasperReports DataSource provider". Do I have to create a Provider too? If so, what kind of Field it should have, considering the kind of data I want to get?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Post Edited by rodrigoecai at 07/01/2010 17:19

Post Edited by rodrigoecai at 07/01/2010 18:22

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have created properly your personal JRDataSource implementation
with the two methods

public Object getFieldValue(JRField jRField)
    public boolean next()

with a correct JRDataSourceFactory then , after you create the connection, simply declare the field you want to use and create the report, and run it.

I think you can try to use the JavaBean set datasource to make all more simply if you have beans to print.

listening: Nine Inch Nailes - Only