We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Connecting to Derby database

corecat77

I'm completely new to iReport, so my question may have already been asked and answered.  I'm attempting to connect to a Derby database for my report, and I'm experiencing problems.

When I try to connect to the datasource, using the Database JDBC connection type, I can't find the derby driver.  I've added the driver to the CLASSPATH in Tools > Options, but it doesn't seem to get added to the type list.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it that iReport just doesn't handle the Derby database?

Thanks in advanced

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi

Im facing to same kind of problem.
but itz not with i-report but eclipse
If u'll interested plz help me.

Using eclipse im designing a web base application. for this im using derby server  to do the DB part.

But i cant add Derby Nature to my project. when i click Add Apache Derby Nature (http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/plugin_help/nature.html#Adding+the+Derby+nature+to+a+Java+project)

it says "the choose operation is not currently available"

Whats the issue here..?

I add eclipse derby plug ins (derby_core_plugin_10.6.1.zip and derby_ui_doc_plugin_1.1.2.zip) to my eclipse plug ins.

i Set the class paths in environment variable derby.jar , derbytools.jar and all the required .jar mention in Apache site.Im using eclipse Version: 3.3.2

What is this problem

Plz help

Post Edited by atharindhi at 08/06/2010 10:54

• 1 month later...