We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Role name in jasper

sup03

Hi,

I need to filter data in the report based in logged in user's role. I followed the link http://jasperetl.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=67746

This is the jrxml  <parameter name="LoggedInUser" class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.User" isForPrompting="false"/>
 <parameter name="LoggedInUserRole" class="java.util.Collection" isForPrompting="false">
  <defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[$P{LoggedInUser}.getRoles()]]></defaultValueExpression>
 </parameter>
 <parameter name="LoggedInUserRoleString" class="java.util.Collection" isForPrompting="false">
  <defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[$P{LoggedInUserRole}.toString()]]></defaultValueExpression>
 </parameter>
 <queryString>
  <![CDATA[select * from report_roles where  $X{IN, role_name, LoggedInUserRoleString}]]>
 </queryString>

This throws an error when deployed on jasperserver3.7. Please let me know if anyone has implemented the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can simply use the parameter -> LoggedInUserRoles [ in built parameter] in query

select * from report_roles where  $X{IN, role_name, LoggedInUserRoles}

there is no need to extarct it to string first ..i.e. no need of using LoggedInUserRoleString ..In Built Parameter = LoggedInUserRoles works perfect ..

thanks

Ramnik Kaur

Senior QA Engineer

• 1 year later...

Hello,

what ramnik wrote is true.
Something important to take into consideration though:

"When defining these parameters in a report, don’t use a defaultValueExpression element. Due to a limitation in
JasperServer, these parameters are null when a defaultValueExpression is provided."

And that could be difficult to see if you are not working directly into the JRXML file:
once you have defined a default expression and deleted it (let that field empty in iReport), the entry

<defaultValueExpression><![CDATA[]]></defaultValueExpression>

within that Parameter (LoggedInUserRoles) stays in the JRXML file forever (causing LoggedInUserRoles to be null !) unless you deleted it manually!