We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Report Scheduler + Mail, JasperServer 3.5

nennikers

Hoping someone can assist. I have big keyboard-shaped bruises on my forehead. ;)

Cannot for the life of me get the Report Scheduler to work with Mail. I have added the smtp.mail.auth property to applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml as suggested in this forum. I have adjusted my settings in js.quartz.properties to match my installation as follows:

http://www.<website>.com:8080/jasperserver mail.<website>.com

report.scheduler.mail.sender.username=

admin@<website>.com

report.scheduler.mail.sender.password=

<password>

report.scheduler.mail.sender.from=

admin@<website>.com

report.scheduler.mail.sender.protocol=

smtp

report.scheduler.mail.sender.port=

I can telnet to mail.<website>.com via port 25.

But no matter what, after trying to e-mail a scheduled report, I get this error message in the code box below:

I'm sure I'm overlooking something small. I would really appreciate a fresh set of eyeballs! My connection SHOULD NOT technically be refused! Thanks for your help!

Code:

report.scheduler.mail.sender.host=

report.scheduler.web.deployment.uri=

Post Edited by nennikers at 06/11/2010 03:56

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a "host" specified in the original post. Here is a clip from the automated, "buildomatic" (see Install Guide Section 5), property files that automatically setup all required config files from a single property file:

quartz.mail.sender.host=mail.localhost.com
quartz.mail.sender.port=25
quartz.mail.sender.protocol=smtp
quartz.mail.sender.username=admin
quartz.mail.sender.password=password
quartz.mail.sender.from=admin@localhost.com
quartz.web.deployment.uri=http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro

(NOTE: unfortunately, non-default values for port and protocol are not supported currently. But this is not an issue in your case)

Thank you for your response!

My apologies...I omitted the host in my original post. I have it set to mail.<website>.com. I'm using the EXACT specifications from cPanel for the e-mail config in js.quartz.properties. I'm at a total loss as to why it refuses to work for me.

For username, I've tried:

admin

admin+<website>.com

admin@localhost.com

admin+localhost.com

admin@<website>.com

all to no avail. As for host, I've tried:

mail.<website>.com

mail.localhost.com

SMTP mail is accessible and workable through Outlook and even Hotmail. But I can't get the config to work through JasperServer. Granted, I haven't actually tried to test it through JavaMail itself. When I finally see what I'm missing, I'm sure I'll be smacking myself on the forehead!

Any other ideas? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you discover what the issue was?  I have a test report running every morning and it works only 1-2 times a week.  The rest of the time, I get:

org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 

or

org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: [EOF]

I've checked all of the settings and it does work sometimes.  We are also converting to JasperSoft from another product and that product's reports run at the same time to the same e-mail server without issue, so I know the e-mail server is active at the time this report is running.

Thanks