We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Display a selection form before report generation

pjtech

Has anyone had experience of inserting and populating a selection form before a report is generated in Jasper Server? The following is an example is what I want to achieve:

1. Retrieve the Max and Min values of a date held on the database.
  2. Display a form that uses JCalandar and invite the user to change the date values if required.
  3. Validate the dates on the form and then pass it back to the report.

I am currently using JRScriptlet that works for retrieving values / but not for the form display.  I am using callBeforeReportInit hook to display the selection form.

I would be grateful if some one could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Peter

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you talking about the report parameters? you can do it in jasperserver easily.

There is a step called "Controls & Resources" of Report Wizard, you can add parameters(single select-query in your case) to the report. Jasperserver will show a form or pop-up window to end-user to collect parameters.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Yes at the moment we use controls with SQL select query for the required date values. However, we need to validate the parameters before the report is submitted.  A simple example a user may put in a start date greater than the end date.

Although the example is just dealing with two dates the live application there is a requirement for more sophisticated validation, hence the use of a scriptlet. Also some of these parameters are rather heavy on resources therefore we want to hold them as static variables as they will be common across a number of reports.

Again Thanks

Peter