how to use java.lang.Object class in textfield

gahbiche

Can someone tell me how to use the java.lang.Object class for textfield element?.

Actually I have a field ATT_FILE which is a java.io.File that contains a file dynamically created from a byte[] containg its data and a String containing its name.  I want to put the expression $F{ATT_FILE} in the text field element.

In other world having something like that 

<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.Object"><![CDATA[$F{ATT_FILE}]]> </textFieldExpression>

My problem is that I'm working with iReport 2.0.5 version and in the text field expression list, I don't have the java.lang.Object and when I write it directly in the jrxml file, I get a compling cast exception as the ireport retransfom it to java.land.String as the java.lang.Object is not reconized as a valid attribute for textFieldExpression

Following the defenitive guide to Ireport (2007), it is possible to choose the java.lang.Object from the list

if it is not possible, how can I add a File into my report?? I'm trying to make a report that summarise all the attached documents to a given project and displays in a single file all these attached documents

Many thanks in advance

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic