set band and other attributes dynamically

nirvanb

Hi,

I am trying to print cheque using jasper reports. The problem is that the areas (starting location, width, top, of say Date line)  where I want to print the data varies to some extent. So I tried to set them using parameters, but it seems jasper reports does not support setting these attributes using parameters. Here is what I tried to do.

<detail>

<band height="$P{ChequeHeight}">

<textField>

<reportElement x="$P{DateLeft}" y="$P{DateHeight}" 

width="$P{DateWidth}" height="30"/>

I get the following error when I try to validate jrxml.

jasperreports.engine.JRException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '$P{ChequeHeight}' is not a valid value for 'NMTOKEN'.
cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '$P{DateLeft}' is not a valid value for 'NMTOKEN'. [41] 
cvc-attribute.3: The value '$P{DateLeft}' of attribute 'x' on element 'reportElement' is not valid with respect to its type, 'NMTOKEN'. [41]

and same for DateHeight, and DateWidth.

Any ideas for how to set the attributes dynamically. Also the height of the band needs to be set dynamically.

regards,
Nirvan

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we can't use parameters for setting the attributes. But there is the JasperDesign api which allows to modify the attribute settings dynamically at runtime. So I will close this question.

regards,

Nirvan.