We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to get data through a web server

mcmz01

Hello all!!!

I'm working for a project, based on a Java app, and has a complete module dedicated to different reports, and they are launch through Jasper Server thanks to a webserver.

Right now, we're in the need to make a study, which consists in counting how many times our users are launching reports through the application. We have thought to make a register with the date, the name of the report, the user who has launched it and a counter which helps us measuring the use of every report.

I was curious if we could get some of the data of each report through our webserver (Like, for instance, the name of the report and the folder which contains the report), so we can save it on the database and make different studies with all this information.

Could someone can help me to get any kind of answer referring to this?

Many thanks in advance!!!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak to how you would customize JS Community to handle this case, but I will take the opportunity to plug the new auditing functionality in JS Pro 3.7. Essentially, JS Pro can collect this kind of information; it includes a Domain (metadata about the database tables that store the audit info), which you can create reports against. JS also includes some "canned" reports that run against the audit Domain, which may address your needs; if not, you can use them as a basis of your own work.

The Pro eval is available here:

http://jaspersoft.com/jaspersoft-business-intelligence-software-trial

Thanks,

Kristen