We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

ReportName while export to PDF based on Parameter

sugita

Hi,

I have a report (Name - Activity Report) with report type as Parameter with Value "Detailed"/"Summary".  While Report is executed and exported to PDF from JasperServer, I want the name to be Dynamically Created. i.e; If the Value of Report Type is Detailed, it should be "Activity Detailed Report" and if the Report Type is Summary, it should be "Activity Summary Report".

Please let me know how can this be done.

Regards,

Sugita

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,
On JasperServer, based on parameter when the report is generated, using the icon on the top, we export it to desired format(PDF, Excel, Flast...etc). When we click on certain icon, it gets exported to that format and on clicking "Save As" gives a default file name. I want to get this FILE NAME changed based on the Parameter Value. As far as I understand now, it cannot be changed as it is static. Please let me know if we can.
Sorry, I was not able to explain it properly.I don't want the Report Title or Header in the contents to change.
Regards,
Sugita

• 2 years later...

After long time I am facing the same issue. How to change generated report pdf name dynamically in jasper server.

ex:Suppose my report name is "monthly_sale.jrxml" and i have a parameter named "InputDate". When generating report in jasper server if InputDate='2012-10-12'  then i want my pdf report name should be like "monthly_sale_2012-10-12" .

Please let me know if it is possible or not??

Thanks

Sambit