Passing a php variable value to JS report

ronedog

Please forgive me if this is a basic questino...new to jasperserver and evaluating the functionality to see if we can make it work for our application...any tips will be helpful, or if you can point me to the right documentation to read that would help.

is it possible to pass a variable from php to a report in JS?  For example, in my php application I keep the department_id stored in a session variable.  I would like to pass the department_id over to my reports running on JasperServer and display the information appropriate for that department.  in the iReport I have a query like: "SELECT * FROM employees WHERE department_id = $P{dept_id_from_php}", but I have to build a dropdown select list, which doesn't keep security the way we need it to be.

The end result is I would like the user logged into my PHP application to view the employee information that is related to the department the logged-in-user belongs to.  I don't want to pass this over using the querystring because the user could just change the id in the querystring and have access to other departments information, which violates a security parameter.

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic